WKF Kata System (as of 1.1.2020)
- WKF Competition Rules 2020
- SET Scoring App (for Android) for Electronic Judging
- Latest SET Version supporting the new WKF Kata System
- Recommended Hardware
SET: set Draw Mode and Draw Mode Option
Make sure the Draw Mode of the WKF Kata Categories are set to “Point table” and the Draw Mode Option is set to “Points->WKF Mode”.
SET: Generate Draws
Right click on the Point table node in the Main Tree Menu and select “Generate draws point system”. Select the categories you want to generate the draws for from the list.
The system will automatically set the correct number of pools, according to the number of entries and to the WKF rules.
SET: WKF Kata Point Draw
Open one generated and saved Pool/Group
- List of entries
- Double click on one name in order to Show the Match on the screen
- Double click on the Kata field in order to select the Kata
- Right click for the context menu which allows same actions, as well as to add and remove entries manually
- Results are generally saved automatically. This can be manually triggered as well by selecting the Save ALL Results link. If results are available, according to the WKF rules, they will be shown on the screen
- Table of scores
- All scores for Technical and Athleticism criterias from up to 7 Referees are saved in this rows
- Scores can be entered manually here
- Scores can be entered for both criterias for each referee: in this case Technical counts 70 % and Athleticism 30 %
- If only one score per referee is entered, this scores count 100 % and only the highest and lowest scores will be removed
- Any number from 3 to 7 Referees is supported
- 3-6 Referees : the highest and lowest scores for Technical and Athleticism criterias will be removed
- 7 Referees: the 2 highest and 2 lowest scores for Technical and Athleticism criterias will be removed
- Manual and Electronic Score Calculation Panel:
- Any score entered for a competitor or team, Manual Score or Electronic Scores, are collected ,show and computed here
- In order to save the final scores, click on Save result/update. If the Show Match window is open, all scores, the total score and rank are shown on the screen
- Total scores and ranks are also shown on the SET Activity Monitor
- If an athlete gets disqualified, just click the Disqualification button, this will set all scores of the athlete to 0
- Additional Buttons
- Show Ranking: show the Top 4 ranked during the competition. You should show the ranking after each athlete, in order to allow the Audience to follow the competition
- Tie Match: in case of a tie (Athletes have the same rank), this button copies the athletes with the same rank to a new list, in order to perform a new Kata. Ties are only resolved when it is required to determine which Competitor will go on to the next round – or to determine the result of a medal contest. After the additional match, the Extra Score field in the main table can be used to mark the winner of the tie match. A score of 0.001 should be entered for the athlete who won the Tie Match.
- Copy to next Round: this function is only available in Admin mode. The admin should be responsible to check if all results and scores are complete and he should also merge the Top athletes to the next round groups, by using the “Copy to the next Round” button. The final order of the athletes in the new groups are automatically managed by the software, according to the WKF rules.
Groups, Rounds and Medal Matches
- After finishing a Group, the Admin should generate the next round groups by using the “Copy to next round” button
- The system automatically know how to create and name new categories for the next rounds and merged groups
- The system also create all the medal matches and automatically saves all results
- Saving of results can be manually triggered as well by selecting the Save ALL Results link. If results are available, according to the WKF rules, they will be shown on the screen
Example of 8 groups (49-96 competitors), the next rounds, medal matches and final ranks
Using the SET Scoring App for Android for Electronic Scoring
Download the SET Scoring App
- All SET Tatami laptops and the scoring devices have to be in the same network
- All SET Tatami laptops have a static IP address
- The latest SET Scoring App is installed from the Google Playstore
- Its recommended to use a wired local network (for the Tatami computers) and additional Wireless Repeaters on all Tatamis, in order to have better Wireless connection for the scoring devices.
- Wireless Repeater mode: if your tatami router does not provide the Wireless Repeater mode, you can simply disable DHCP on the router and give the router a static IP address.
- To avoid using wireless at all, you can use OTG Plugable Lan Adapters, and connect the tablets via lan cable to the router/switch. See below the recommended hardware section.
- All SET Tatami laptops have disabled their firewall and any anti virus software
- Port 8080 needs to be use to communicate with the scoring devices, so make sure no other software or firewall is blocking this Port
- Open the “WKF Kata APP Device Assignment”
- Press the Authentication button
- This will create a new PIN code and QR Code for the authentication URL
Note: each time you open the Authentication window a new PIN code will be generated for security reasons
Select the “WKF Kata” Menu Item
You are now ready to score!
OK: send the score
RESET: sets both scores to 7 and gets the athlete name and kata
OTG Lan Adapter to connect to wired network
Tatami/Match Area Router