Main data/Entries Reports problem

Home Forums Questions and problems Main data/Entries Reports problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

info30
    Participant

I am running 9.8.5 on a Mac using a local server (not online). I have over 600 competitors in over 141 categories/divisions in the database. I am trying to generate a weigh-in sheet using Entries in Categories – Weigh-in for the elite kumite divisions as I have done in the past. The report is being generated but it is blank (0 entries). I noticed that all of the “reports” contain no information. Entries – Overviews/Statistics as Entries – Chart seem to be working. The reports appear to be formatted properly but they contain no information from the tournament (athletes, categories…..). Please advise. Thank you.

info30
    Participant

I noticed that the Main Data/Entries Reports problem that I discovered earlier today is specific to my iMac running MacOS 10.13. My MacBook Pro is running MacOS 10.14 and the reports populate with data/information exactly as they should. I suspect it maybe a different in the Java but I am not sure. SET runs the same on both despite the MacOS differences. Any suggestions on what the difference may be?

admin
    Keymaster

Do you get any error message in the Message console?
    Which java version and db are you using?

info30
    Participant

On both computers, I am using a “local/network databse” and the database type is MYSQL – External DB Server (if that helps). If I look at “Start”, and then select “about Start” I get “java version 1.0 (1.0) on both my desktop and my laptop. The current version of Java on both computers is the same and it is Java 10.0.2. That does not explain why the reports are filled on my laptop but not on my desktop. I do know notice that there is an update to Java available, 10.0.2 build 13 which I will try on my desktop. MacOS 10.13.6 on desktop and 10.14.6 on laptop.

info30
    Participant

Here is the content of the Message Counsole. Not sure what you want/need so I copied and pasted it all.
    Hopefully something in here helps. I did reinstall Java on the desktop but it did not resolve the issue.

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘folder/Karate/Canada Open 2019/KBCLogo.png’ as federationlogo,’/Users/reidsd/Doc’ at line 1
    at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:118)
    at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:95)
    at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:122)
    at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeQuery(StatementImpl.java:1247)
    at org.sportdata.set.ab.a.a.t(AbstractPentahoReport.java:556)
    at org.sportdata.set.ab.a.a.e(AbstractPentahoReport.java:474)
    at org.sportdata.set.ab.a.a.q(AbstractPentahoReport.java:214)
    at org.sportdata.set.ab.a.a.a(AbstractPentahoReport.java:207)
    at org.sportdata.set.ab.a.a$1.a(AbstractPentahoReport.java:397)
    at org.sportdata.set.ab.a.a$1.doInBackground(AbstractPentahoReport.java:1)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

info30
    Participant

Sorry for this, but does the Report generator use different port from SET itself (3306)? I ask because my desktop is in my work office (reports not working) and my laptop was at home on the same network as the database (reports working). Today I brought my laptop to my office and now the Reports from Main data are not working, like the desktop, but it was working perfectly at home. A firewall issue associated with using a local/network database?

info30
    Participant

It is not a port/firewall issue as now I am unable to generate a Report that contains any data on my laptop when at home (eg Participation (entries) by Club). This makes me suspect it is an issue with the database itself. Any suggestions on how I can generate these reports. I want to post so that registered athletes know which divisions they have registered in or have been placed in prior to the tournament.

info30
    Participant

The issue appears to be with the Event logo/Sponsor logo in Settings. Once I removed both the Event logo and the Federation logo I was able to generate a Weigh-In report that was populated with competitors. I have the same logos selected as Event Logo/Sponsor Logo: Draws, Draw record…. in the settings for Draw/Draw record and they (1) don’t seem to impact the reports and (2) still appear on the Draw sheets. I am not sure why their would be an issue with the logos on the reports but at least I am able to generate the reports that I need.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close